Injury Expert. Achilles Tendonitis.
Have you got Achilles Tendonitis? Then use currexSole Achilles Tendonitis insoles to help cushion the heel bone and support the foot.
Achilles Tendonitis is often characterised by pain, aching and stiffness in the Achilles tendon area before, during and after exercise. The Achilles tendon, also known as the calcaneal tendon, is found at the back of the leg. It attaches on top of the rear portion of the calcaneus (heel bone) onto the soleus and gastroc (calf muscles).
- Pain, stiffness or burning sensation above the heel, worst in the morning.
- Overloading and stressing the tendon until it becomes inflamed.
- Overuse, increased level of activity, lack of flexibility, stiffness.
- Increased tendon stress through excessive pronation, flat feet, fallen arches.
- Wear currexSole achilles tendonitis insoles to reduce pronation related stress, improve foot position.
- Our cushioned heels will reduce loading rates on your Achilles tendon.
- Reduce swelling through ice, compression, elevation and rest.
- Avoid uphill running, reduce mileage and tempo/cadence.
- Use heel lifts in both shoes to reduce tension on your Achilles
N.B. If pain or discomfort persists, please seek medical advice.