Injury Expert Heel Bruises
• Pain beneath the heel and swelling – tender to touch
• May see a flat spot beneath the heel as the fatty tissue is dispersed.
• Long distance running – jumping and load bearing on the heel
• Hard surfaces, inadequate or worn footwear,
• Rigid orthotics worn in racing flats or minimalist shoes
• Use currex its heel pocket cups the calcanous, Poron pad aids cushioning
• Anti-inflammatory pain killers will help reduce pain and swelling
• Ensure you have the correct running shoe – see a specialist.
• Reduce distance and speed – stay off hard surfaces.