Injury Expert Mortons Neuroma
Morton’s neuroma is a painful condition that is caused by irritation to one of the nerves in your foot. Usually you will feel pain, aching or tingling between the third and fourth toes. The exact cause is not certain.
- Sharp, aching or burning pain in the ball of your foot.
- Isolated between the 3rd and 4th metatarsal bone.
- Pain worsens when you run, especially on a hard surface.
- Tight fitting shoes and/or narrow toe-box.
- Forefoot running over long distances.
- Excessive foot rotation during toe-off.
- High mileage on hard surfaces in worn shoes.
- Wear currex insoles to allow even pressure distribution and better foot position.
- currex forefoot cushioning and the met dome helps to relieve pressure.
- Ensure you have the correct running shoe – see a specialist.
- Anti-inflammatory pain killers – will help reduce pain and swelling